Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meat and Milk from Animal Clones – Safe?

FDA released a new report on the Safety of Food from Animal Clones where it says that the meat and milk from cloned animals are safe to eat and will be introduced on the market in the future. I just imagined myself looking at my steak and thinking at a crowd of cows all looking the same, having the same look, etc. I am losing my appetite completely. Moreover, the FDA will not require labeling milk and meat derived from cloned animals because the agency determined safety concerns are no different than traditional food. This will made me either starting to buy organic meat or become a vegetarian. USDA did not specify anything about the cloned animals when they established the standards for organic meat but I hope in the future will do and disqualify it (they currently have a "no GMOs" policy for plants(see Organic production), it's likely it will be extended to meat).


No comments: